George Patrick Hatch
Born: 1874; Died: 1935; Married: Anne Goodwin
On the 21st instant the marriage of Miss Anne Goodwin second daughter of Mr and Mrs James Goodwin of Williamsdale with Mr George Patrick Hatch of Rose Hill Ginninderra was celebrated in spite of the threatening condition of the day was witnessed by a large number of friends and guests.
The religious ceremony was conducted in St Patrick’s Church Michelago by the Rev Father O’Gorman. The bride who was given away by her father was attired in a handsome dress of ivory white silk which was exceptionally charming, its sole ornamentation being a drapery of white ribbon held in position in front with a knot of orange blossoms and transparent yoke which was closely shirred; a veil most novelly and daintily embroidered with narrow white ribbon fell over a coronet of bridal flowers. There were three bridesmaids in attendance, Miss Margaret Hatch, sister of the bridegroom who was attired in a grey silk costume with picture hat to match, Miss Janet Goodwin, sister of the bride who wore white Indian muslin over a yellow slip with hat to match and Miss Mary Wilson, niece of the groom, wore a shower of hail muslin over yellow slip and hat to match.
Mr Edmond Thomas Hatch, twin brother of the groom, acted as best man. The bride and maids carried shower bouquets – gifts of the bridegroom. After the ceremony the company were entertained at breakfast which was served at the residence of the bride’s parents. The Rev Father O’Gorman proposed the health of the happy couple and the toast was honoured in the usual way. Mr Austin Chapman MP for Braidwood was also present and spoke in flattering terms of the bride and groom and their parents whom he had known for a number of years. In the evening all present journeyed to Mr George Wilson’s at Rob Roy where a most enjoyable night was spent in dancing. Afterwards Mr and Mrs Hatch left for their future home at Rose Hill; the bride’s travelling dress was a brown coat and skirt, brown velvet hat to match. A number of costly and useful presents were received.
[Queanbeyan Observer 25 January 1901]
Mr and Mrs G P Hatch were presented with a silver tea set on their departure from Hall by the Farmer’s Union and the Progress Association at the Cricketers Arms Hotel.
[Wizard’s Notes Post 19.8.1909]
Mr George P Hatch formerly a resident of this district and now manager of Palesthan Station Condoblin took a prominent part in the show held in the town this week. He acted as sheep judge in company with Mr Patman head wool expert for Pitt Son and Badgery. Mr Hatch exhibited a fox rug at the show and won first honors with it. The skins were tanned at Queanbeyan and made up by Mr J Fitsgibbon. The rug was sold at the show for £40-40/-.
[Queanbeyan Observer 9.8.1910]
The death occurred in Parkes Hospital on April 29 of Mr George Hatch aged 60 years, twin brother of Mr E T Hatch of Bungendore. Deceased met with a motor accident a short time ago. Whilst driving out from parks to his farm a motor lorry collided with his car and he sustained injuries from which he subsequently died. He is survived by a widow and a grown up family of three children all of whom are married.
[Queanbeyan Age (Bungendore correspondent) 3.5.1935]