Weetangera post office
Weetangerra, located west north west of the Canberra civic centre in what is today the district of Belconnen was once a thriving rural centre. A suburb of Weetangera was subsequently established in Belconnen in the late 1960’s.
In November 1895 residents of Weetangerra petitioned the then Postmaster-General for the establishment of a post office at that location. A receiving office was opened on 25th June 1896 with T K Clark appointed postmaster. The status of the office was raised to official on 15th June 1899. By 1915 business had decreased substantially and the status of the office was again reduced to receiving office. The office closed on 30th November 1967.
Curtis, T. A compendium of the Post, Receiving, Telegraph and Telephone Offices located in the A.C.T together with their postmarks. actpostmarks.blogspot.com.au/2016/12/home.html