'Ashton', Round Hill, Weetangera was the home of Donald McDonald and Christina McDonald from about 1870.
This is not to be confused with 'Aston', the property of Henry Gozzard Senior.
'Ashton' was on the border of the Parishes of Canberra and Weetangera and Donald was a farmer and grazier there for nearly forty years.
Donald and Christina had five children , two sons and three daughters.
Donald retired to Gungahlin shortly before his death in 1909, aged 88.
Alexander Joseph McDonald, John's son, erected Hill Station Homestead in 1910. Located on the Monaro Highway in the Canberra suburb of Hume, it was used as a restaurant in recent years.