Friends of the Centre
The 'Friends of Hall School Museum' group was established in 2011. Now the Friends of Hall Heritage Centre, Members take care of the Centre and all aspects of it's planning and development.
Many different kinds of people might be interested in becoming a Friend. For example:
- Hall and district community members interested in heritage conservation
- People with an interest in the history of education
- Those interested in local or family history
- Former staff or pupils of the school
- Parents whose children went to the school
- People with interests or skills in archiving, conservation, cataloguing, exhibitions design, etc
Not all 'Friends' are actively involved in the various activities associated with the Museum, but their membership is still highly valued. For those able to become directly involved they can choose when, and what sort of tasks to help with. Tasks include:
- Collection conservation
- Cataloguing and archiving
- Exhibition preparation
- Maintaining public access
- Publicity and promotion
Some may be able to help with some of these tasks. The 'Friends' as a group can give support to the volunteer workers, by taking an interest in their activities and promoting the interests of the Museum in other forums. The 'Friends' are a key reference group when future plans and directions are contemplated.
Our volunteers - October 2018
A large group of volunteers members of the Centre gathered on October 4 2018 to unveil a plaque in memory of Val Wiseman. Apologies to those who were 'absentees' on that day!
Are you interested in becoming a 'Friend'? Download a Friends Membership Form, fill it in, choose a payment option, and send it to us. We will greatly value having you as another 'Friend'!